Second Day in SMA, Mexico

Today was filled with activity. I took a long walk by myself in the morning, to use up the extra calories consumed the past few days. Explored downtown and found the mercado. This is what I like to do: visit fresh markets to check out what local residents shop for. I also found the mercado de artesanĂ­as, where artists displayed their arts and crafts for sale. Took a lot of photos of the colorful buildings. It got hot very quickly, so I had to walk back (uphill) to Rosa's villa.
We went downtown for a light lunch since we had reservations for dinner at another roof top restaurant later. Then we went to the mercado again as one of the ladies wanted to get some gifts and souvenirs.
Following that, Rosa took us to City Market, which was a big upscale supermarket, a direct contrast to the small stalls in the local mercado. We had coffee in a little cafe inside City Market. The store was similar to a high end H-E-B: nicely packed and presented groceries and dry goods; expatriates would feel right at home here.
In the evening, we took an uber to the Los Milagros Terraza. The ride up the hill on narrow cobblestoned roads with 90-degree turns was exhilarating; I don't think I will ever feel comfortbale driving in SMA. The views from our table in the restaurant were amazing! There was also live music. I ordered the volcano bowl with 3 type of meats that we shared, as well as a local beer. We stuffed ourselves and still had a lot of takeovers for another meal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dunes National Park: Kemil Beach, West Beach and Diana of the Dunes

Quilts and other creations

Jockey's Ridge State Park, NC